TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your agreement with Latin Dance Canberra (LDC)
This agreement is between LDC and anyone who subscribes, buys, enrols or attends any of LDC’s services. By subscribing, buying, enrolling or attending any of LDC’s services you agree with the terms and conditions below.
Keep up to date with all things LDC
The most up to date information regarding classes, timetable, locations, prices, etc will be displayed on our website:
In case of discrepancy of information published on the website and any other materials or provided over the phone, the information displayed on the website will prevail.
Numbers are restricted, and classes are filled on a first come first served basis.
Please note classes are on during public holidays.
7 Day Free Trial
Must be claimed on the website and used at the beginning of the term. Please use the "7 Day Free Trial" page to register. Valid for new clients only. Must be used in 7 consecutive days.
We reserve the right to add, change or remove classes and instructors on our timetables without notice. The most up-to-date timetable will be available at our website
In attending our classes, we trust that you are in good health condition and that you know of no medical or other reason why you cannot or should not engage on active or passive exercise. Our staff and contractors are not medically trained or qualified to assess if you are in good physical condition and can exercise without risking your health, safety or comfort. If you have any doubts, we strongly urge you to seek expert advice before starting classes with us.
Waiver: You understand there are specific risks of physical or property damages, losses, or injury that may result from your participation with LDC classes, and you voluntarily assume the risks associated with such participation.
Allowing us to use your image
We sometimes film and/or photograph classes, rehearsals, parties and other activities at our studios or in other locations. It is possible that you will appear in these materials. By accepting this agreement, you allow us the unrestricted right and permission to use your image in printed or digital promotional materials including, but not limited to: websites, social media, flyers, banners and videos.
• All services provided by LDC must be paid in advance. Any outstanding amounts in your account must be paid before you can attend classes or any of our services with LDC, which include but are not limited to: studio hire, group classes, private classes, bootcamps, workshops, performance courses and extra-rehearsals.
• If you have attended any of our classes, events, workshops etc, your credit card/bank account may be charged automatically. We have the right to charge your credit card at regular intervals until full payment is received. Any declined payments may incur additional fees through our payment gateway Stripe/ Wix.
• If you are on a multi Term membership which requires monthly payment, your membership fee will be charged in advance each month.
• We will debit your membership fee from your nominated account or credit card on the same day every month.
• If you prefer to pay your membership fee in advance, you can make a full upfront payment at a discounted rate of 10%. Please contact us to arrange for that.
• If debit dates fall on a public holiday, we will debit your nominated account or credit card on the next business day. Debits might take up to 5 days to come out of your account.
• It is your responsibility to make sure your account has enough funds for us to charge your membership fees on a monthly basis.
• It is your responsibility to tell us if you are transferring or closing your account, at least 48 hours before your next direct debit.
• It is your responsibility to tell us about any changes to your credit card details, at least 48 hours before your next direct debit.
What happens if your direct debit fails?
If you do not have sufficient funds to fully pay your fees on the due date, we will suspend your access to classes until your payments are up to date. We will continue to debit your nominated account without notice, until we have received the total amount you owe us. Should we continue to be unable to collect payment from your nominated bank account or credit card, we will contact you and ask you to nominate an alternative bank account or credit card for direct debit. Please note Stripe/Wix charges an administration fee for unsuccessful payments.
Can we increase your fees?
Our fees are displayed on the website and at reception. In case of discrepancy of fees displayed on the website and reception, the fees advertised on the website must be considered the correct ones.
We reserve the right to increase our fees at any time without notice. We will make a reasonable effort to inform you and all students of any increase of fees in advance via email. If we don’t hear from you, we will consider that you have agreed with the new fees.
Memberships: any fee increase will only affect you after the expiry date of your membership or if you sign-up for a new contract.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Drop-in classes can not be refunded.
BOOTCAMPS AND WORKSHOPS
We do not offer refunds for pre-paid bootcamps and workshops.
How our monthly prices are calculated?
Our monthly prices are displayed on the website and at the reception. Advertised monthly prices are calculated by dividing the upfront amount by the number of months the payment is spread out.
Platinum Membership (valid for 6 Terms): $1674 paid upfront includes 10% discount or the payment is spread out over 12 Months - $1860/12 months = $155 per month.
Gold Membership (valid for 4 Terms): $1242 paid upfront includes 10% discount or the payment is spread out over 6 Months - $1380/6 months = $230 per month.
Silver Membership (valid for 2 Terms): $675 paid upfront includes 10% discount or the payment is spread out over 3 Months - $750/3 months = $250 per month.
Bronze Membership (valid for 1 Term): $380 paid upfront.
What classes are included in the membership?
All weekly Latin, Bollywood and Yoga classes are included.
What classes are excluded from the membership?
All choreographies, boot-camps, event workshops are excluded and is to be paid at the normal advertised rate.
Friday night Havana Fridays paid class and party is also excluded from the membership and is to be paid at the normal advertised rate.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Can I cancel my classes?
You have 24 hours from the date/time you make your first payment to cancel it. A cancellation fee of $25 will be charged to you. This policy does not apply to memberships offered by LDC.
After 24 hours we do not issue refunds towards the classes however a credit can be arranged which can be used toward various services offered by LDC.
Can I cancel my membership?
You have 48 hours from the date/time you make your first payment to cancel it. A cancellation fee of $50 will be charged to you.
If you wish to cancel prior to the end of your membership term:
Paid Upfront: Refund will be calculated by deducting the services used calculated based on the price of the Bronze Membership (1 Term) at the date of the cancellation request multiplied by the number of Terms used + $50 cancellation charges. The remaining balance will be paid out to the nominated bank account within the 72 hours of the cancellation process started.
Paid monthly: Refund will be calculated by adding the services already used which is calculated based on the current price of the Bronze Membership (1 Term) at the date of the cancellation request multiplied by the number of Terms used + $50 cancellation charges. Student is liable to pay the remainder amount if the amount already paid over months is less than the amount calculated as per above. The remaining balance must be settled prior to the cancellation of the membership. If the cancellation calculations results in you owing money to LDC, the owing amount must be paid in full to finalise your cancellation request.
Refunds and credits can only be issued for the person who made the purchase. We do not refund or issue credit to a different person or account.
All communication regarding cancellations must be done via email.
Once your membership has been cancelled, it can not be reinstated. You must purchase a new membership at your own cost.
Can I transfer my membership?
Memberships cannot be transferred to a different person.
Can LDC cancel my membership?
We reserve the right to cancel your membership should you breach studio code of conduct (please read below) or your direct debit payments continue to bounce and no alternative method of payment is provided in a timely manner or may you refuse to abide by administrative requirements. In the event that you had your membership cancelled by LDC and you may wish to use any of LDC’s services, classes or memberships in the future, you will be requested to pay any outstanding debt from previous services. LDC may refuse direct debit payment options and request upfront payment.
Can you put your membership on hold?
• 1-Term Bronze Membership: no freeze time
• 2-Terms Silver Membership: no freeze time
• 4-Term Gold Memberships: up to 1 Terms freeze time
• 6-Term Platinum Membership: up to 2 Terms freeze time
Please note we can only put your membership on hold for a full term period (6 weeks actual term), we cannot suspend your membership for 1 week, 2 weeks or so. During the freeze time you'll continue to payout your membership as per the payment plan. Once your freeze time has been processed, it can not be cancelled, unless you agree to pay the whole term of the freeze time requested.
If you wish to attend classes during your freeze time, you can do so by paying for a drop-in class.
You must request your membership to be put on hold prior to the start of the term.
We cannot backdate any time freeze requests.
All communication regarding freeze time must be done via email.
• Prices are inclusive of GST and studio hire at LDC premises.
• Prices are for 1 instructor. For 2 instructors, pls apply an extra 75%
• Private classes must be paid when booked. Bookings can only be confirmed upon full payment.
• Private classes are non-refundable but can be credited and used towards other LDC services.
• Private classes packages are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and can not be extended.
• Single private classes are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase and can not be extended.
• All packages and group privates must be paid upfront and in a single transaction.
• Cancellations with over 24hs notice: class can be re-scheduled at no cost.
• Cancellations with less than 24hs notice or no show are not re-schedulable and not refundable.
LDC PERFORMANCE COURSES
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This agreement is between LDC and the students enrolled to any of LDC’s performance courses.
By signing-up to a Performance Course you agree with the terms and conditions below.
Prices and Payment
• Advertised prices include GST.
• LDC offers special discounts for certain members, early bird bookings and multiple choreos. Each season of performance courses will have its dates, prices and discounts advertised on LDC’s website.
• Students are not allowed to “try” choreos. Full payment must be done before the start of the performance course.
• Discounts for certain members apply when membership is active and payments are up to date.
• Early bird discounts are available for full payment done by the advertised date.
• You must pay the full amount of the course in order to secure your spot.
• A fee is payable for any extra training session required. Payment must be done at reception prior to attending your extra training session.
• Choreography course fees are non-refundable as LDC commits resources based on number of students taking part on our courses.
• If LDC cancels the choreography you have booked for, and you do not wish to transfer your booking to another choreography or other services offered by LDC, a full refund will be provided.
• Once your booking is confirmed, you are committed to pay the full fee for all the courses you have booked in, in full.
• If you are injured or ill and you have to withdrawal from the choreography, we will discount a $50 administration charge and refund the proportional amount. Requests cannot be backdated. Note: a medical certificate must be provided.
Attendance and Readiness
• You must attend at least 70% of the course or you may be restricted from performing due to lack of readiness.
• When you miss training sessions, or if you don’t feel ready, you can book choreo catch-up private classes, which will bring you up to speed with the group.
• Should the duration of the choreography course exceed the initial scheduled hours to master, a fee will apply for subsequent classes. We encourage instructors to limit extra sessions to a maximum of 3 hours per choreography
• The cost of the choreography course does not include costumes, shoes or event passes.
• Some events may require the performers to pay a full pass.
Copyright and Use of image
• All choreographies taught by any of LDC instructors are property of LDC and are not to be used for any other unauthorised purpose than at LDC authorised events.
• By signing up for any of LDC’s choreographies, you are authorising the use of your image, captured in photos and/or videos during the performance or rehearsals, by LDC for any type of promotional purposes.
• By signing-up to a Choreography you acknowledge and agree that classes may be physically strenuous and that you are voluntarily participating. You also acknowledge and agree that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. You agree that neither you nor your heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against LDC, your instructor, or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
• All LDC services, including but not limited to classes, bootcamps, performance courses, etc are designed for adults over the age of 18.
• By attending any of our classes, you agree that you are over the age of 18.
• Anyone under the age of 18 wanting to attend classes or any of our services, must be accompanied by a paying parent or supervising adult.
• If you appear to be under the age of 18, you may be asked to provide ID to prove your age. LDC has the right to refuse entry to anyone under the age of 18 not accompanied by an adult or anyone who fails to present a valid ID.
• Bookings are confirmed upon payment.
• When booking over the phone or email you give LDC permission to debit from your account with us.
• Advertised prices are per hour and inclusive of GST.
• Bookings must be of a minimum of 1 hour. We do not accept bookings with fractions of an hour. E.g. 1.5hr
• Any use of the studio after 5 minutes over agreed booking time will be charged at an additional hour at full rate.
• We offer a 10% discount for bookings of 10 hours or more when the total fee is paid upfront.
• Please note that we do not issue refunds unless we cancel the booking.
• For cancellations requested with more than 24 hrs notice, we will credit the total amount of your booking to your account with us.
• For cancellations requested with less than 24 hrs notice, the booking will be lost, and no credit issued.
• Bookings made at discounted rates are not refundable.
• Reschedule requests must be done with no less than 24 hrs notice.
• Capacity is calculated based on a dance class environment, estimated at approximately 4sqm per person.
• Advertised prices are for dancing and fitness related classes, please contact us for functions and other activities.
• We agree that we are hiring the studio whilst keeping aligned with current ACT COVID19 regulations.
Studio Code of Conduct
Respecting our facilities
You are responsible for using our facilities with care. Note that you will be responsible for any damage that you or your guests cause through a wilful act or negligence. Please also supervise children closely.
Keeping your belongings safe
Please keep your belongings safe and do not bring valuables into the studio. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to your belongings while you are at the studio. We give unclaimed lost property to charity each month.
What happens if you break the studio code?
We can refuse entry to anyone who acts unreasonably or break the studio code of conduct. We may also warn you that you risk having your membership cancelled. If you continue to behave in the same way, we may refuse your attendance immediately. We can refuse your attendance without warning if you behave in a way that is risky or seriously inappropriate, such as but limited to:
• Threatening or harassing others
• Damaging premises
• Using illegal or performance-enhancing drugs
• Instructing other members when we have not authorised you to do so.
Statement of Commitment
LDC is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect. LDC complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy explains how we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal information. LDC is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously.
Collecting personal information
LDC will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what is provided voluntarily by a member or prospective member. We collect personal information primarily to enable us to provide members with our services. LDC may also use the information for marketing to you or for any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). You don’t need to identify yourself when you deal with us ( e.g. to find out more about membership packages) however in certain situations we will only deal with individuals who have identified themselves to us. When a membership is purchased, personal information will be requested in order to provide the requested service, provide updated information, and advise of other LDC services, which may be of interest. You are not obligated to provide personal information however failure to do so may result in LDC being unable to provide services or products to you. Personal information is collected directly from clients or potential future clients when they personally complete and submit an application form to become a client of LDC. This can be done in person at the studio reception or online via our website.
Use of tracking technologies
LDC uses tracking technologies to make use of the website and services as convenient as possible and for advertisement purposes. It is possible to set your browser to refuse tracking technologies, however, this may limit the services provided by LDC’s website.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Personal Information will be used for the following primary purpose:
To fulfil obligations under a member’s membership agreement and/or any other contract between him/her and LDC;
• To render services under a member’s membership agreement;
• To provide information about products, service and/or special offers to members;
• To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services from members;
• To record statistical data for marketing analysis from members.
LDC may employ other companies or service providers to assist us in providing our services, including (but not limited to) marketing, market research, mail-house services, hosting and product development services, analysis of member lists and/ or consulting services. These third parties may have access to personal information that is needed to perform their specific function. They cannot use that information for other purposes.
LDC recognise the trust with which individuals provide personal information, and such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of LDC, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Contact by LDC
If an individual receives communications from LDC which they do not wish to receive, they may request to have their name removed from the database by contacting LDC via email.
Individual’s right of access
Individuals have the right to review, amend or delete personal information that may be recorded on the LDC database. Information may be reviewed, amended or deleted by written request sent via email, in our website in the ‘my info’ section or at the studio’s reception. A request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information or incorrect information being provided may result in LDC being unable to communicate with you when required.
Storage and security of personal information
LDC takes all reasonable steps to keep secure personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The personal information is stored on secure servers if in digital format, or in locked areas if in hardcopy format. LDC employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by LDC. LDC only permits authorised personnel to access your information and information will only be disclosed to third parties where they have the appropriate authority.
LDC and links to other web sites
LDC provides links to websites outside of the LDC site. These linked sites are not under the control of LDC, and LDC is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the LDC website, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
Understanding our rights
What happens if you have issues with outside providers?
Paying outside providers including private class instructors, trainers and choreographers.
Contractors and tenants provide some services in our studio, such as private classes, choreography training, pilates, etc. You will need to pay service fees directly to them and we are not responsible for those fees or for any associated costs or refunds.
Claiming against these providers
Any service they provide is a contract between them and you and we cannot accept any responsibility for a breach of contract or negligence. If you make a claim because of something a contractor or tenant has or has not done, your claim should be brought against the provider, not us, whether you have paid them or not. You release us from any claim resulting from an act or omission by a contractor or tenant.
Change of location
We can change the location of the school at anytime. We will give you 7 days notice in writing via email.
Change of business name
We reserve the right to change our brand name at any time. This may occur in case we enter a partnership or merge with another institution. We may send you written notice via email outlining the details of any changes.
Which laws apply?
Meeting state laws Your agreement is subject to Australian law and is governed by the state laws where your home club is located. If a court decides that any section of your agreement is invalid or unenforceable, that section will be deleted from the agreement. The other sections will remain valid and enforceable.
Restricting your rights to sue
Under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, we guarantee that our services are:
• provided with due care and skill
• fit for any purpose you have told us you are using the services for or for a result which you have told us you wish to achieve
• supplied within a reasonable time
However, under certain legislative provisions, we may ask you to agree that these conditions do not apply to you. If you accept the agreement, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue us are excluded, restricted or modified as set out in these terms and conditions. This applies if you are injured (including injury that results in death) because the services were not rendered with due care and skill, or they were not reasonably fit for their purpose.